In 2017, parish leaders began developing a long-range plan that identified crucial capital needs:
- Church and PACE Center capital improvements: Repairing the church bells, restoring church’s terrazzo flooring, upgrading HVAC system, purchasing new chairs and tables for the PACE Center, and resurfacing the parking lot.
- School capital improvements: These essential projects include upgrading the restrooms, providing more science classrooms and lab space, adding more electrical outlets in classrooms, and expanding the OLL+ area.
- Church and school safety: Installing security cameras at the church and PACE Center entrances and throughout the facilities to enhance safety for parishioners and staff, adding more pea rock to the playground for a safety cushion, and installing stronger classroom doors.
- Debt retirement: Pay off our mortgage on the PACE Center, pay off outstanding assessments due, and establish a cash reserve.
- Parish endowment: This crucial endeavor involves establishing an endowment fund to address pressing capital needs for our church and school as they arise in the decades ahead, enabling us to build a strong financial foundation to pass on our faith to our children and grandchildren.
Now we need your feedback. Starting March 18, we will begin conducting a comprehensive survey of all parishioners. The survey will tell us which projects parishioners consider most important. In the coming weeks, we will share more details about the study, the projects and a major fundraising effort.
Your participation in the survey is essential for the success of this planning process and the fundraising campaign.
Fr. Tony O’Neill