Council of Catholic Women (CCW)
In July, 2020, Our Lady’s Council of Catholic Women (CCW) will award $1,000 scholarships to two female OLL parishioners.
Please determine which application is appropriate for you:
Elizabeth Ann Seton Scholarship Application is for current 2020 high school graduates with a 2.5 grade point average or above who are pursuing post-secondary education
Our Lady of Good Counsel Scholarship Application is for current post-secondary students with a 2.0 grade point average or above who are continuing their education.
Download the appropriate application form and also “The Seven Principles of Catholic Social Teaching” page that will be used to answer one of the questions.
Upon completing the application, save it, and then email as an attachment by Tuesday, June 30, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The two recipients will be selected shortly after that date.
Directions and additional information regarding each scholarship are provided on each application form.
What is it?
- CCW stands for Council of Catholic Women.
- All women of OLL Parish are welcomed as members of this organization.
- Members come together to share their gifts and talents to respond to Jesus’ call to serve others, and participation in CCW presents an opportunity for friendship and for growth in spirituality.
- We are affiliated with the West Deanery Council of Catholic Women, the Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women (ACCW) and the National Council of Catholic Women (NCCW).
- To answer the call of God by serving,
- To strive to promote the spiritual life of our members,
- To create and maintain projects that benefit the Church,
- To encourage others by taking positive action to help aid the greater community, and
- To continue to foster fellowship in our parish and in the Council of Catholic Women organization.
What do we do?
Spiritual: Special Masses and Prayer Services, Retreats, and Speakers
Service to Our Parish: Fellowship Sundays, Hospitality Receptions, Incredible Festival Participation, Funeral Luncheons, and Special Projects
Service to Our Wider Community: PennyWise Thrift Store, May baskets for Lake Minnetonka Shores Residents, Sandwiches for distribution to the homeless, Baby shower for Options for Women, and Donations to organizations that help others in various ways.